Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 reasons I love being Irish!

10.
Chef Brown Sauce, so tasty on veggies or even just bread

9.
Bacon and Cabbage, more to the point- my mums bacon and cabbage is the best in Galway - so if you are ever on holiday over here - I would like to invite you all to my mothers house for dinner! (she wont mind, honest!) ;)

8.
The Irish weather, Ok the rain! I love that it can be a wonderfully sunny day in October and yet snow and rain in March! crazy!

7.
The Irish country side- beautiful

6.
The Irish Language. I wish I was more fluent in it then I am - but can you guys guess what Im saying now?
Gaeilge breá! Fág nóta tráchta

5.
The Music. I have always loved "old" music- but a love of mine is the old Irish songs - the above video is of one of my favorites, I love it as it is set in my home town of Galway - My grandmother is currently visiting us from Manchester and already I have a book of lyrics for when we get together to have a singsong!

4.
myspace layout codes

No matter where in the world you go - when people know your from Ireland they become ten times more friendly! it must be because us Irish are great craic! ;)

3.
Tayto Sandwiches, Taytos are an Irish branded potato chip/crisp but better ;) and lovely on bread!

2.
Poetry by Irish men and women- let me share one of my favorite pieces by W.B Yeats

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

1.
I love That Ireland supports the right of unborn children, I am Pro Life and to me this is very important, Ireland is the only country I know of to support this.

Have a wonderful St. Patricks day everyone and thank you all for the lovely comments also remember to keep warm, drink tea and smile an Irish smile! x